What does health mean to me?
What does health mean to me? I think this question is very important in the line of work I do. I preach health and I know that is what all my clients are looking for The question is what does being healthy mean and how do we achieve it long term?
How to be healthy
- Be active. Your body needs using so move it – walk, cycle, dance, run, skip, jump. do cart wheels, anything that uses your muscles.
- Eat nutritious food. Feed your brain/body well, food is your fuel, it is where you get your nutrients from, it’s what we need to be able to move, think, grow, build our immune, everything.
- Sleep well. Quality sleep is so important, this will help your mental and physical being.
- Manage stress. Learn how stress affects you and how you can deal with it, this will makeor break everything else you are doing.
- Love you for you. Be happy with yourself inside and out, do not compare yourself to others or think you have to be anything other than what you are. Your are unique and amazing in so many ways.
- Understand yourself and your body. All the above elements will help you do this, you should understand what movement, food and sleep you need. Understand your stressors so you can deal with them. Knowledge of yourself and your body will lead to ultimate health.
- Look after you. Take time for yourself, whether it is in rest or play. You are responsible for your own wellbeing so seek help to understand what this means to you.
- Asking for help. Do not be afraid to ask for help if you need it.
- Be with friends and family. Spend time with those you love, make you laugh, listen to you and support you.
- Be around like minded people. If you want to be fit and healthy be around others who are. Seek help from a professional to help you.
- Do what makes you happy. This can be a hobby, reading, walking in nature, absolutely anything.
- Do not worry about things you have no control over.
- Focus on the here and now.
The first 4 points are a given and everybody needs to have these in line in order to have a physically healthy body and mind. The others will help along the way to keep your mind set in the right place.
What we think has an effect on us, our minds are powerful things, they can either make us happy or sad. Learning how to keep our minds in a positive state can help when those inevitable negative days come along.
We are responsible for how we perceive things. We may not be able to control what happens to us but we can control how we react.
Do not be fooled into thinking we should be happy all the time, there may be people in worse positions than ourselves but this does not mean we cannot have our off days.
So tell me, what does health mean to you?